Just Like That, the First Day of 2013 is Over
I don’t believe in New Year’s resolution but endings and beginnings have a special way of making people lethargic or, at the very least, nostalgic. So, I’ll do a reflection instead… however twisted it may be.
Things I Lost in 2012
- Hair. Lots of it. I shed like a monkey on chemo.
- Apartment. We stayed there for more seven years and the landlord decided to raise our rent. As much as we love the peace and quiet it was just impractical.
- Pants. I just buy Levi’s, it’s practical. I end up using it for years but it’s not that expensive. I lost a pair and my sister blames it on our former help. She said the maid took it with her when the maid left. It was my favorite pair.
- Mobile Phone. It has been with me for more than four years and I loved it. It was a Sony Ericsson and I loved the quality of the photos, the speed, and everything else it has.
- The Desire for an 8 to 5. I resigned by the beginning of the year. I’ve been working since I was 16 and I realized that I am sick and tired of reporting to someone every damn day of my life. I’ve learned what I need to learn, it’s time to move on.
Things I Gained
- A new ambition. By the end of 2011, I literally felt I have achieved everything I wanted to achieve. My house is fully paid, I have a car, I have several movies under my belt, I’ve had successful career and I have travelled countries I never thought I could ever see but working from home most of the time, having the time to read, and reflect made me realize that I am actually ambitious and there are more things I want to do. It’s just that I have tried so hard to just be thankful with the simplicity of my life that I have forgotten the bigger goals I set for myself when I was a kid. So, I’m going back to it. I’m going for it.
- Pounds, gaddmit.
- Braces. After years of being advised by a dentist to get my teeth fixed, I finally did it. I like the results so far.
- Newfound respect on Asian artists. Despite the language barrier, I started following Asian musicians like Rhymeter from Japan and LeeSsang from South Korea.
- This blog and two others.
Things I am Looking Forward to in 2013
- Going back to the habit of reading 1 book a week.
- Two to three more sites or blogs.
- End of my car loan.
- The novel and the comic novel.
- Moving to a new country.